This page will show the transcript and video link for this discussion after our event.
Hosted by the Digital Life Collective, 7 Sept 2018
*Cover photo by Photo by Franck V. on Unsplash
When: 7 Sept, 2018
10 am Pacific, 6 pm UK
Where: Zoom webinar, Register here!
- Jeremy Lent, author and integrator, including The Patterning Instinct
- Bianca Wylie, open government advocate, co-founder of Tech Reset Canada, senior fellow at the Centre for International Governance Innovation in the Global Economy program.
- Stephen Green, community director at WeWork and startup advisor at Backstage Capital
- Gideon Rosenblatt, author, The Vital Edge
Organizer and Facilitator: Christina Bowen
Notes: Steve Taylor
Recording and webinar support: June Holley
- What are the most effective ways to ensure our tech serves people, rather than people being mined for tech?
- What simple ways can normal people change their behavior on the Internet to gain more control over their digital presence without losing key services?
- Knowing that people tend to change more when they are supported in that change by a small group, how can we help people self-organize in change groups?
- Can you identify any particular small change that, if implemented, could make a major progressive shift in economic power structures for the communities you work in?
- How can we speak effectively about power in our communities when so much of the time the topic is implicit and under-addressed?
See more here: